"There is nothing masculine about trying to be the best at everything you do, nor is there anything wrong with it."
Rebecca Lobo, former WNBA player turned ESPN correspondent on why female athletes shouldn’t have to sacrifice their femininity just because they play a sport. As seen on Buzzfeed.
Happy Birthday @nickjonas! Thanks for being a sweetheart all of those times we met and for gracing the world with your talent… Oh, and that amazing bod of yours, too.
10 Struggles Petite Girls Face
1. Everything is too long, including some “petite” or “short” length pants.
2. Your long sleeve shirts and pants have cuffs or have been tailored. 3/4 sleeve shirts are long sleeves for you.
3. Cropped jeans are normal length for you.
4. If you have big boobs like me, petite shirts are usually too small. But then you can’t find a happy medium in the normal size section.
5. You may buy kids shoes without telling people they’re kids shoes. Finding heels = nearly impossible.
6. Sometimes, we can’t reach the pedal of a car or see over the steering wheel.
7. You get asked if you’re starting school and then have to reply to that person that you’re an adult.
8. People ask you if your parents are also short.
9. “You’re so cute and fun sized”, says everyone.
10. Trying to get up and down off a bar stool or some sort of high chair is a scary thing. You never know if you’re going to actually get on the stool and/or fall down coming off of it.
In the end, though, being short does have its advantages. Maybe that’ll be my follow up post to this one.
Hamptons for the last time before summer ends. #vscocam #hamptons #laborday #longisland (at Westhampton Beach Main Street)
"FIT opened up a world of opportunities for me that I didn’t know existed. It made me believe that I could have a career as a designer. Learning how to handcraft clothing from start to finish was invaluable as well… It taught me to work hard and never give up."
Nanette Lepore speaks to Gotham mag about the benefits of the Fashion Institute of Technology as the college gets ready to celebrate its 70th birthday.