Music Monday: “Save the Last Dance” - Union J
This is a good mix of electronic beats and pop. It makes me wan to create a zumba routine.
Deal of the Week
So many sales have been going on this month! One of the best has been Aritzia. A store known for it’s high quality clothes at contemporary prices, they’ve been taking reductions like crazy lately, allowing customers to buy outfits that cost as much as one garment. One of their best deals is the Wilfred Montesson Jacket. Originally retailed at $235, the jacket is on sale for $89.99; that’s a savings of $145!
Five Things that Became Important When I was in College
I attended college from late 2010 to just two months ago. But in those four years, so many things became important that had absolutely nothing or a little something to do with my education in fashion merchandising. These are them:
1. This site that is the holy grail (thanks David Karp) became more important than homework and life itself. It even launched the blogging careers of many FIT students.
2. Netflix could now stream to your computer, allowing us to leave homework to the last minute and ditch outings with friends for movie binges.
3. Since Nick Jonas lived two blocks away from FIT, stalking him was a must. And if you saw him coming back from the gym, you truly had a #blessed day. I did once; it was awesome.
4. During third semester, Jeffrey Campbell created the Lita. Not only did every girl on the FIT campus have a pair, but so did every one on the Internet. They were out by next semester.
5. During my last year of college, Buzzfeed quizzes became the new Facebook status. You had to just stop everything you were doing, find out which kind of donut you were and post it for all of your virtual friends to see. This still rings true.
My FIT Favorites
It’s almost two months since graduation and while some of you may be a bit confused as to whether the Fashion Institute of Technology is for you, I think my favorite moments will convince you otherwise:
- I got to live in the NYC, which I have truly discovered is the greatest city in the world.
- While being in a club was intimidating at first, I got to be a leader of a team and revolutionize the digital image of styleshopatfit.
- fitstudentambassadors saved my life. I made some of my closest friends and found a place I belonged thanks to this beautiful organization.
- I met people who I felt more comfortable around than any people I’d ever met before.
- I got to live in London for a month and receive school credit for it.
- I worked three New York Fashion Week shows that exposed me to a whole different side of NYC society and the industry. I also met my friend Krista at the first one I worked.
- If it weren’t for FIT, I wouldn’t have my internship.
"New York is the only place I feel truly energized."
A man next to me on the train yesterday telling his friends why he loves New York City so much.
#tbt To this heavenly creation called Israeli iced coffee. Survived on this for 10 days. #israel #coffee #birthright